This article will demonstrate how to use a Fax ATA to send and receive faxes
Level365 will configure the Fax ATA for you. You will just need to plug it in.
Here is the back of a Fax ATA. Please never press the RST (RESET) button unless specifically told by Level365 support. It will reset your Fax ATA to factory defaults and cause it to stop working
- First plug the WAN port into an active network port with an Ethernet cable( RJ45). The ATA will need to pull an IP address via DHCP.
- Next connect a phone cord (RJ11) from the port marked LINE (or similar) on your fax machine to Phone port 1 on the Fax ATA. If we programmed the FAX ATA for 2 DIDs/Fax machines, plug the second fax machine into Phone Port 2
Fax ATA lights
- Now connect the Power and allow it to initialize. There is no ON/OFF switch so the Fax ATA turns on as soon as you connect the power.
- The POWER LED is lit (green) when initialization completes, about 1 minute. The STATUS LED will change from red to solid green.
- The unit might automatically reboot within the first few minutes after downloading updated settings from the server. Wait for all 3 lights to again turn solid green
- Phone1 will blink when a fax is being processed.
- WAN will flash orange/green when it is communicating with the network.