This article will demonstrate how to create, configure, and utilize auto attendants.
You must have Office Manager permissions to complete this article. If you do not or are unsure, please contact support.
Creating Auto Attendants
After logging into the Portal, select Manage Organization at the top of the page if present. Select the Auto Attendants button to display a list of all Auto Attendants. To create a new Auto Attendant, click the Add Attendant button.
Give the new Auto Attendant a name and extension, and select default as the time frame, then click Add.
Ensure the extension is not currently in use. It is possible to overwrite extensions when creating new Auto Attendants.
Recording and Uploading Prompts
To add or record a prompt to the Auto Attendant, click the Manage button next to the menu prompt box. This button appears as a speaker icon.
Add a description and select Upload or Record.
To upload a preexisting recording, click the Browse button, navigate to the recording and select it. Click Upload.
To record a new greeting, enter a number into the call me at field (internal extensions and 10 digit external numbers both work) and click Call. The system will then prompt you to record a greeting after answering the call. Click Done when you are finished recording.
To playback the recording for quality assurance, click the Play button that appears next to the Manage button.
Managing Auto Attendants
Once the Auto attendant is created, you will be taken to the configuration screen.
- User: This option will send calls to the specified extension. Calls routed this way will follow the user's active Answering Rule.
- Conference: Routes the call to a specified Conference Bridge.
- Call Queue: Routes the call to a specified Call Queue. Calls routed this way will not follow answering rules assigned to the Call Queue's user account.
- Directory: Enables dial by last name. The caller can hit the first 3 letters of their desired party's
- Voicemail: Sends the caller directly to the specified voicemail inbox.
- Voicemail Management: Allows the caller to access any voicemail inbox, provided they know the PIN.
- External Number: Directs the call to an off-net number. When using this, enter the number as a 10 digit string with no characters other than numbers.
- Play Message: Plays a message to the caller. This can be recorded on demand or a file (.wav or .mp3) can be uploaded.
- Repeat Prompt: Starts the Auto Attendant recording from the beginning.
- Add Tier: Nests another Auto Attendant within the current Auto Attendant. This nested Auto Attendant is capable of all the above options, however it is not possible to nest a second time.
Clicking the cogwheel to the right of the number pad will take you to the Options screen.
- Enable Dial by Extension: Toggles Dial by Extension from the Auto Attendant. This feature listens for a full extension number and routes appropriately, if a valid extension is entered.
- If no key is pressed: Determines how to handle the call if the Timeout before first key press limit is reached.
- If unassigned key is pressed: Determines how to handle the call if an unassigned key is pressed.
- Timeout before first key press: Sets the limit for how long the Auto Attendant listens for a key press before following the no key pressed option.
- Timeout after last key press: Sets the limit for how long the Auto Attendant listens for a key after the last key is pressed.
- Maximum key presses to collect: Sets the limit for the maximum key presses to accept.