This guide will provide instructions on using Gravatar to add Avatars to Level365. Level365 automatically syncs with Gravatar's service based on your Level365 profile's email address.
- The email address you use for your account must be one of the email addresses that is registered to your Gravatar account. Gravatar uses your email address to provide your image to other sites. If we don't have any record of your email address, Gravatar won't be able to display your image
- Your selected Gravatar must use a rating that is permitted by the other site. Many sites restrict Gravatar images to G or PG ratings only. WordPress.com blogs are set; by default; to only permit G-rated images. If your Gravatar's rating is higher than the rating allowed by the site, a default image will appear instead of your chosen Gravatar.
Signing up for a Gravatar account
- A sign in window will appear and ask you to enter your WordPress.com account information.
- Enter your email address (make sure this is correct!)
- Select a username and a password.
- The system will tell you if any of the information you have entered is invalid.
- Click Sign Up to submit your registration.
- You will then receive a confirmation email from WordPress.com asking you to select Activate Account to complete the signup process.
- You will be taken back to WordPress.com where you will see a message thanking you for confirming your email and asking you if you want to head back over to Gravatar.
- Click the Sign In to Gravatar to be logged in to Gravatar automatically.
- You are now ready to add images and customize your profile!
- If you already have a WordPress.com account, log in using your existing credentials. (You will then be asked to authorize Gravatar for your account.)
- If you do not, please click Need an account? to register for a new account.
Uploading your first image
- Select Add an Image link at the top of the page.
- Choose the source for an image.
- Select Choose File
- Locate the image on your computer and select it using the button that appears for your operating system (typically Choose or Open).
- You'll see the filename of the image appear in the uploader.
- Click Next to upload the image.
In Internet Explorer 9 and later, the image name may disappear when you click Next. This is normal and in most cases, the image is just being uploaded. Please be patient.
- Now you can crop the image to only the portion of what you uploaded.
- Drag the cropper handles to select the part of the image you want.
- All images uploaded to Gravatar must be cropped as a square.
- Choose a rating for your image, making sure your image is appropriate to the rating.
- Keep in mind that many sites will only display G-rated Gravatars.
- Level365 does not restrict to a specific rating.
- Your Gravatar image can now be added to your email address.
- You will be asked which email address it should apply to, or you can wait and not assign it to any of your registered emails.
- Make your selection, and then you're done!
- You'll be taken to the My Gravatars screen, where you can manage the images and email addresses that are assigned to your account.
Why do I see initials rather than a Gravatar?
- Gravatar uses an email address to provide an image to our site. If the email address you used for your account is not the same as the email address on your Level365 profile, the system is unable to communicate the correct image.
- If unable to find an image, the initials of the user will be returned.
- Check to ensure your Gravatar account has an image set up for the email address on your Level365 profile.
- If you’re unsure, you can visit Gravatar's Email Check to verify your email and image.