This article will demonstrate how to utilize the Attendant Console within Portal.
To open the Attendant Console, click the Apps drop-down in the top right, then select Attendant Console.
The user interface is broken down into 3 sections.
Call Park Zone
The Attendant Console supports dynamic call parking and static call parking. By clicking the slider at the top of the call park zone you can switch between these behaviors. Dynamic call parking will automatically assign the call to the next available parking lot, whereas static will allow you to select specifically which parking lot to assign the call to.
To park with either of these, simply click your active call and drag it to the call park zone. If you are using static call parking you will need to drop it into a specific lot. There is also a park button on the active call you can press to quickly park the call. If using static park assignments, you must select the parking lot after clicking the park button.
- To retrieve or transfer a call, select the appropriate option within the parked call.
- You can also drag and drop the call to the destination in the extension list. To do this, click and hold the 7 grey dots then drag the call to a Parking spot, specific user, Call Queue or Auto Attendant.
To transfer directly to a user, click and hold the 7 grey dots then drag the call to the user and let go. This will open the following window with different options.
- Transfer: This will transfer the call directly to any devices the user is using at the time.
- Assisted Transfer: This will do a warm transfer, which allows you the ability to talk to the user first before connecting the caller to the user.
- Voicemail: This will transfer the call directly to the user's voicemail box.
- Device Transfer: This will allow you to choose which device you want the call to be transferred to. (For example: User has 3 devices, a mobile app, office desk phone and home desk phone. If you know the user is in the office, then you may want to transfer the call directly to their office desk phone.)
The middle column will display a list of users and extensions, divided down into three categories.
By default, your contacts list includes every user in the domain. You can add contacts within your user account to make them show up here. Specific groups can be created by clicking the + symbol above the "Sort by" drop-down, and then filtered by specific group.
- Call Queues
Call Queues will display all call groups in the domain. You can also see the number of available agents in the call queues list.
- Auto Attendants
Auto Attendants will display all the auto attendants within the domain.
The search bar will find any match in all three tabs.
Place a Call / Active Call
The last column is reserved for placing/answering calls and manipulating active calls.
Calls placed through the Attendant Console will follow your active answering rules. For more information on answering rules, see Answering Rules.
To initiate a call, simply click Make a Call and enter the number you wish to dial. You can also call any user, Call Queue, or Auto Attendant in the domain by just clicking their name from the Extensions column.
When you are on an active call you will be presented with four options.
The Attendant Console was designed with touchscreen usage in mind. All features mentioned previously should work with most desktop and tablet touchscreens.