This article will demonstrate how to reset or recycle multiple user accounts at once.
- Reset - Resetting will clear all the user specific data from of a user and allow for it then to be reused.
- Recycle - Recycling a user gives a simplified screen to add in the new user's name and email without needing to add in the data that has already been configured.
Resetting/Recycling a user account will do the following:
- Delete any existing voicemail messages
- Delete any existing voicemail greetings
- Delete any existing answering rules
- Delete any existing custom contacts (this will not delete any shared contacts)
- Update the Dial by Name Directory to match the new user’s name
Start by browsing to the Portal at https://app.level365.com and logging in with your Portal credentials. Click Manage Organization at the top of the page if present.
Click the Users button from the top navigation bar.
Check the check boxes next to the users you wish to edit, then click the Bulk Action button.
In the resulting pop-up select Reset Users and click Begin Reset.
By selecting Reset Users you will be able to select which subscriber information you wish to be cleared; either individually or all (by clicking on Select All). By default the name, email address, password, Voicemail PIN, and additional phones/devices associated with the user will be deleted.
Once the subscriber information to reset is checked, click Next.
A confirmation page will be displayed; if it is correct, click Reset.
A progress bar will track the status and completion of the reset. Once complete, click Close.
If you are resetting a user, the selected information will be cleared, and the user/extension will remain on the system for use at a later time. The user's name will be blank, and the status will be displayed as Setup Required. The reset is now complete.
When ready, you can re-assign the extensions individually, or by running the bulk edit Reset User function with the Recycle Users option selected. By selecting Reset Users and the additional Recycle Users option, you will be given the opportunity to immediately reassign the user/extension you just reset.
The same steps as those shown above for resetting users will be seen when recycling user(s), however, once the reset is complete, you will be presented a Next button, rather than a Close button.
In the resulting Recycle Users page, enter the information for the new users and click Save.
Send users created in this manner a welcome email as soon as possible; they are created without a secure password using this method.